The ordinary procedure consists of two main steps:
- RECOGNITION OF THE PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
- REGISTRATION IN THE REGIONAL OR NATIONAL REGISTER
It is possible to proceed with the second step only after you got the recognition of the professional qualification.
Step 1 - RECOGNITION OF THE PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
The Ufficio per lo sport della Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri is the competent authority for the recognition of the professional qualifications:
Follow the link of your professional qualification, You will find different forms with all the instructions and information you need. Please be careful in choosing the form that suits your needs:
- Recognition of professional qualifications acquired in a Member State of the European Union (Decreto Legislativo n.206/2007);
- Recognition of professional qualifications acquired in a country outside the European Union (Decreto del Presidente della Repubblica n.394/1999).
Documentation to accompany the application:
- copy of ID card or passport;
- copy of diploma (can be in mother language);
- copy of professional card (example: IFMGA card with annual vignette, both sides);
- copy of criminal record (can be in mother language) or self certification in law D.P.R. n.445/2000 (in Italian);
- receipt of payment of the State tax for the application (find the instructions in the form).
The application form must be legibly completed in capital letters. We suggest to send all documents and attachments in PDF format and, possibly, in a single file.
Step 2 - REGISTRATION IN THE REGIONAL OR NATIONAL REGISTER
(only after obtaining the recognition of your professional qualification)
In Italy the professions of mountain guide, aspirant guide, mountain leader and volcano guide are regulated by the law n.6/1989 and to practice the profession it is compulsory to register in:
- the regional register, if you have a professional domicile in Italy.
You must contact the regional office where your professional domicile is located and follow their instructions.
- the list of foreign professionals authorized by the Ufficio per lo sport della Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri held at the Collegio Nazionale Guide Alpine Italiane (CoNaGAI Albo), if you have a professional domicile abroad (not in Italy).
To become a member as a foreigner professional guide/leader of CoNaGAI Albo follow the instructions of the english facsimile form and fill in the italian application form.
The application form must be completed legibly, in capital letters and sent (with other required attachments) to [email protected]
Authorization from the Ufficio per lo sport della Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri is a lifetime recognition, while registration in CoNaGAI Albo or in a regional register is valid for one calendar year (from 1st January to 31st December) and is renewable upon expiry.